This week was nicer. On Monday I took the next step in my quest to make the whole world organised by giving each and every one of my societies a nice folder with all the bits and bobs they need in it. They have very kindly been humouring me by bringing them into my office with them when they stop by to say hello. It is lovely.

My brand new database system thingamawhatsit is also up and running (thank you Friday!), so thus far I can tell you that we have 325 people involved in clubs and societies (only a few clubs and socs have registered their members so far but ISN'T IT EXCITING!).

Yesterday I went to London for another NUS Governance Review Steering Committee. It was a really good meeting with lots of discussion and (happily) it even ended early, so I was there and back within twelve hours. A marvel. I'm quite excited about all the proposals, and am working on ways to make everyone else feel excited too. More on this another time, maybe after we've heard whether the NEC like it or not.

I'm also trying my damnedest to stay out of internal politics. It's not fun or pretty and I'd much rather just do my job. Sometimes I wish I was just an administrator, or that I could ignore all the other parts of the Union and just work with my societies (who really are so lovely and friendly and helpful) and standing committees.

 

0 comments: