Freshers' Week is over and I can't help feeling slightly disappointed. I know it's silly, that probably nobody noticed any of the things I'm worried about, but I'm disappointed nonetheless.

I wanted to do lots of little, easy-to-organise events during the week, but it turned out that even easy-to-organise events become difficult to organise when they're in the same week as Serendipity. It's like a black hole, sucking up all my time and energy, because no matter how organised I have been people still don't read their emails properly so pop in to ask 'just a quick question' or phone up to ask if there are any stalls left and argue with me over whether there really is no space or not ("but what if I bring my own table?").

I shouldn't really be complaining; Serendipity did go pretty well, I just wanted more from the rest of the week. Now term has started properly, and with it comes a new stream of people wanting to start societies (I think I'm on 11 requests so far) or thinking I'm the AU administrator so can answer questions about their grants, their training times and their insurance (is it cos I is female?). I can't wait to have new administrators ...

 

1 comments:

J said...

are you sure that Frodo hasn't been sending them to you!?