Foiled again

Sick of being off air, I decided to do Something Borrowed Something Blue this evening. I thought 'no more of this pessimism, I'm going to go get something done'. I was feeling motivated and inspired, and my brave sidekick DJ PJ had spent weeks perfecting her song links. But guess what. We got to the studio to find that the main power supply is not working. Nothing in there is working. There is no electricity. Well, the lights and air-conditioning are working, but presumably they're on a different circuit. I can deal with having no play-out software. I can manage manual patching. But broadcasting without electricity .. well that's beyond even my powers. I've emailed helpdesk. I have faith in them. It Will Be Sorted.

We just had a marvellous election meeting. I'm feeling a bit left out, though: I need a Lord of the Rings name. Maybe I could be Arwen, or even Gollum. There's a nice name. Sounds a bit like Goggin. We went to Options and I had a delicious chicken and stuffing baguette. They do good baguettes there you know. Actually, sod this, this is MY blog so I'm going to call it a roll cos that's what it is. None of your imperialist baguettes here thank you very much.

Tom's just polishing off my posters at the moment, he's so luverly. It's difficult fitting two languages onto them. I might just have a separate poster for each language. But for now I'm going to go home and do some work before cloakroom.

 

8 comments:

Sam said...

Gollum?

A nickname is only any good when everyone knows you by it...

Tom Giddings said...

Yay! you have a blog!

Is very frustrating when that kinda thing happens in the studio, and that power switch is clearly VERY dodgy - surely cant be legal let alone up to estates standards.

Goggins?..naa will keep thinking :)

CG said...

I don't really want a nickname. I think when you've got this far without one it's hard to start using one. I never got around to naming my teddy. He's nearly as old as me and I just couldn't imagine giving him a name now.

Sam said...

I've probably got a few nicknames, but I'm not sure I'd like them.

We've both got distinctive enough names, we've no need for a nickname.

CG said...

My flatmate has suddenly started calling me Caravan. AGghh.

Sam said...

But that's not even witty.

CG said...

No, you're right. He explained it to me: his girlfriend was pointing me out to him (I was waving at them from the other side of the street) and he thought she said caravan. Not even a good story.

Sam said...

If, in your youth, you'd been hit by a runaway caravan or something - that would be a good nickname.