the essay titles have arrived ...

.. and since I do fun modules, they include fantastic titles such as "Provide an analytical critique of the Beatles' eighth studio album" and "How important was the cultural and social climate of the 1960s in the formation and evolution of The Beatles and how were these changes reflected in their songs?" But I'm not even going to think about them until I've handed in my dissertation and analysis in week 10. Two weeks to do two essays will be positively relaxing.

I'm really hungry but I don't much feel like going to a shop and buying things to eat. I have all sorts of nice cheeses and spreads brought over by my family last week, but nothing to put them on. I could nip over to Aldi, but it's such a depressing place. There's hardly ever anyone actually at the till, and I find I don't actually save any money in there because the food is so horrible that I end up throwing it away. I'm shocked and horrified that Spencer has lost his appetite. How awful! I love eating. I particularly love full-fat dairy products. None of your margarine or semi-skimmed milk, oh no. I'm fairly thin, but my cholestrol levels must be sky-high. I just can't bring myself to care enough to stop eating so much cheese. Oh I saw the most magical device the other day: a butter dish that regulates your butter's temperature so it's constantly spreadable. It's about £30 but I'm very tempted. Then nobody'd be able to moan about margarine being better because you can spread it. All SORTS of horrible things are spreadable but I don't put them on my toast.

The nursery campaigners seem to be having difficulty getting anyone interested in their campaign. I suppose not many students have children, but I would've liked to think people are interested in things that don't directly affect us. Hypocrite, I hear you say. But no, I am interested, I just don't want to support their campaign.

We had the sailing club AGM last night. For probably the first time ever (shh don't tell the AU) we reached quorum legitimately. It was so exciting. Sailing club membership has almost doubled this year, from approximately 36 last year to 67 this year. Thank goodness for that, or we'd never be able to pay Plas Menai. It looks like we're going to have to increase membership fees slightly next year, but probably only to £35 (from £30). That's still quite a bargain: a year's access to the National Watersports Centre sailing facilities for £35. We don't want to price ourselves out of the market, but we do have to make ends meet.

After the AGM I went to a party in Bliss. I didn't know the girl whose birthday it was, but my flatmate Chris's band were playing so he had spare tickets. I took notes. I don't think I'll get the band to play at my party. I want Chris to dance, not play guitar. I bought a Bacardi Breezer thinking that was the most alcohol my body could take after giving blood. It cost a whopping £3.50. But it did make me fairly tipsy. What an odd feeling.

This has been a rather random post.

 

3 comments:

Sam said...

I go to Aldi to buy the boxes of fried potatoes with bacon bits - I ate loads of those when I lived in Germany and it takes me right back.

CG said...

Oh they sound nice. Are they in the freezers? They do have nice biscuits sometimes too. It's just so hard to find anything I actually want. Of course the other local choice is M&S. I'd happily eat most things in there, but I managed to spend £17 on a meal for two in there one day so I try not to go in too much.

Sam said...

They had some nice offers in M+S when they first opened, but don't seem to do them any more. The meatballs and spaghetti were to die for.

The potatoes are at the back in the chiller section.