I've got the flat! I swooped in there and stole it out from under another poor woman's nose. I felt a bit mean for doing that initially until I remembered I was supPOSEd to be top of the list, so she shouldn't even have been shown the property. They should have known from my grit and determination that I wasn't going to let anyone else have the flat. It's not my fault her hopes and dreams were dashed.

Anyway, here's the grand unveiling (these are off my phone camera as my other camera's broken so excuse the poor quality):

TA DA!



This is the living room/kitchen looking one direction. Note the large, airy windows and high-quality blinds. There are more big windows on the right the same size again.



This is the living room/kitchen looking the other direction. Note the modern units.



This is the bedroom. There's a very large wardrobe hidden away in one corner, and a chest of drawers identical to the set we already own -- I'm not sure whether they come with the flat or not.

So we're moving in on October 4th which is rather later than I had hoped, but it's still before I start work. It's going to be a hectic week though, moving in on the 4th (which includes driving to Yorkshire and back to get all our stuff) then starting work on the 6th. I'm due to go to a JYM committee meeting in Dublin on the 11th but I'm having second thoughts about that -- I really don't know if I can manage all that stuff in one week without falling over.

Let me just tell you some more about the joys of Colliers Wood/Merton Abbey Mills. The highlights include, obviously, Merton Abbey Mills, the ugliest building in London (quite a claim to fame!), the CAMRA Pub of the Year 2007 for South West London (as with Merton Abbey Mills' main site, please don't judge it on the poor quality of the website) which is absolutely teensy and only two minutes walk despite claiming to be in Merton, the Making Colliers Wood Happy community project (modelled on Make Slough Happy, although I don't think anyone has written poems about friendly bombs falling on Colliers Wood), the River Wandle (although the stretch running past our flat is apparently man-made) which some people like to explore in drains and it's all very near to Wimbledon which has a watersports centre which offers 'pay and play' sailing (ie pay £10 and go sailing for an hour).

So there. Worries over, now I can get on with enjoying myself.

 

1 comments:

Sam said...

I'm actually quite proud...(and the links are a bit hard to see, perhaps make them slightly darker?)