Eyes

Today I went to Wimbledon and Kingston to shop for a new coat. Not that I have any money to buy one if I found it, but at least I'd know it was there for when I do have some money. Actually, maybe I'd throw caution to the wind and buy it anyway if I found one good enough. Maybe that's the test I need to apply to these coats.

I didn't find one that was good enough. But I did go get my eyes tested. My long-distance vision has felt a bit blurry lately; I used to have exceptionally good eyesight so it annoys me not being able to see everything without squinting. So I went and got it checked.

Turns out I'm absolutely fine, I've still got 6/6 vision (did you know that European opticians tend to use 6/6 instead of 20/20 because the numbers refer to distance and we're all metric in Europe?), but my right eye has deteriorated very slightly so in the sub-category 'sph' in the distance category my right eye is -0.25 and my left eye is Plano. Yes, it means nothing to me either.

But apparently I don't need glasses and the blurriness is probably due to tiredness. Therefore (and I don't think I'm coming to hasty conclusions here) I need to stay in bed longer ever day. So that's what I'll just have to do. I've been very disciplined so far and have been getting up between 8am and 9am even though I have no appointment at such an hour, just because staying in bed is slovenly (or so my in-built Protestant work ethic inherited from my mum tells me). But, well, if I'm damaging my eyesight, I suppose I could sleep a little longer.

 

3 comments:

Knocknagow said...

Oh no, but how could you forsake your mother's heritage?
Mum

CG said...

But mother! My health!

Tom Hecht said...

grrr, "staying in bed" ;)