Charles was very nice. Lord Ellis-Thomas said "And this is Carolan Goggin" and Charles immediately said "Oh, and you're studying music, are you?" I was very impressed. I'm not sure whether he recognised my graduation hood or whether he had been thoroughly briefed beforehand, but either way it made me feel like he was taking an interest. What a pro.

The foundation stone ceremony wasn't just fun because I got to meet Prince Charles. It was also fun because Sam and I cornered both Betty Williams and Alun Ffred Jones. It was funny, after we spoke to Betty I pointed out to Sam that she still hadn't replied to my letter I had sent her weeks before about the Freedom of Information Bill. But clearly she dashed home after the ceremony, full of guilt, and penned me a letter as my response appeared the very next day.

Alun Ffred looked very squeamish when we tried to get him to tell us what he thought of the rainbow coalition. He really just did not want to talk about it. I was a bit disappointed really; surely his constituents have the right to know what he thinks on an important matter such as this?

Anyway, we couldn't stay much longer because Sam was getting a little squiffy on the buck's fizz they were plying us with (for goodness sake, it was only 11:30).

 

0 comments: