I've just been down to the river to walk the dogs, and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by how huge it is. It's ... huge. And very fast-flowing. It has even covered the big rock, home to the Castleconnell Rock-sitting Association [CRA] (of which I am a founder-member). It's a damn good thing we only usually meet in summer or CRAP (CRA personnel) wouldn't have anywhere to sit and drink cider.

I'll have to go down again tomorrow to take some pictures so I can post normal-river and huge-river pictures so you can comprehend the difference.

 

5 comments:

Sam said...

You're an Irish chav, Carolan. Sitting on rocks drinking cider, eh?

I take it you didn't make it in to visit your long-suffering mother?

Unknown said...

i concur with Sam. However, I am intrigued to know which official body you got to recognise the CRA?

You know whats horrible about this holiday? I miss the Union....and the chaos that comes with it. I have, in the boredom, designed the Bangor Uni Welfare logo...I'm currently trying to decide what the uptake for these will be.

My brain appears not to have stopped....

CG said...

I DID go visit my long-suffering mother, CYCLING the four, long, weary miles because I didn't have enough money for the bus fare.

Also, rocksitting is a recognised sport originating in Darwin, Australia. See the Darwin Rocksitters Club homepage for details.

Just cos you don't have one in your locality, no need to take out your resentment on me.

Sam said...

I don't care where it started, unless you've got 15 members it's just not valid in my eyes.

Besides, you'll get piles.

CG said...

Well it's got me, Maeve, Ian, Tim, Mark, Gareth, Other Ian, and Triona and Sinead have expressed an interest in joining, but obviously can't be full members until they actually cross to the rock. So that's nine. But I'd rather keep it somewhat exclusive.